Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

problem with sql express and ultidev web server pro ... Read Only ?!
mr.net
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 31, 2012 11:45:24 AM(UTC)
Groups: Member

hello,
i have a problem with ultidev web server Pro, i cant change my Data Base that is located on installed directory .
i use sql express 2008 r2 for connecting to DB but when i want to submit a record in DB by website, an error occure:

"Failed to update database "C:\PROGRAM FILES\myProj\mmm\myDB.MDF" because the database is read-only."

i have created a setup project by visual studio.net 2010, and installed it in directory :
"C:\PROGRAM FILES\myProj\mmm\"

anybody help me ?
Ultidev Team
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 31, 2012 1:02:28 PM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Hi there!

Have you had a chance to check whether the database file truly has "Read-Only" attribute set? If so, please make sure that the database file is not read-only when it gets packaged in the installer, and/or read-only attribute gets cleared from the file after installation. If you are using Visual Studio Setup & Deployment project for creating installation package, file properties contains ReadOnly property, which can be changed to ensure the file is not read only.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
mr.net
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 5, 2012 12:22:43 AM(UTC)
Groups: Member

thanks for your reply.
my DB is not read-only,
even when i install my application in another directory (for example "D:\") i haven't any problem with DB,
but in "C:\program file", we have this error !
Ultidev Team
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 5, 2012 8:59:03 AM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Hi there!

The error message you have provided pointed to the DB file being read-only. But since you are saying this is not the case, it probably is permissions issue. Assuming your application is hosted by UWS host running "Network Service" user context, could you please try granting "Network Service" user access rights to the folder with the database?

You could also move the application from being hosted under Network Service user to Local System user and see if that helps.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 21, 2014 10:00:14 AM(UTC)
Groups:

hello,
i have a problem with ultidev web server Pro, i cant update my Data Base that is located on installed directory .
i use sql express 2008 r2 for connecting to DB but when i want to submit a record in DB by website, an error occure:

"Failed to update database "C:\PROGRAM FILES\myProj\mmm\myDB.MDF" because the database is read-only."

i have created a setup project by visual studio.net 2010, and installed it in directory :
"C:\PROGRAM FILES\myProj\mmm\"

anybody help me ?
Ultidev Team
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2014 4:45:21 PM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Hi,

Could you please make sure that .MDB file is not marked as read-only?
Also, unless you place the database file in the App_Data folder, access to the database can be limited due to restricted access rights.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
#7 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2014 9:11:10 AM(UTC)
Groups:

Message was deleted by a Moderator.
#8 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2018 7:52:33 PM(UTC)
Groups:

Message was deleted by a Moderator.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed