Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Crystal Reports icons missing
rgmc
#1 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 5:55:04 PM(UTC)
Groups: Member

The crystal reports navigation icons are missing in my application.

I've tried the following in a Windows XP Professional SP3 32-bit machine with .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 (It's a clean OS installation. IIS is not installed in this computer. Only .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 was installed before UWS):

- Placing the aspnet_client folder as a folder inside my application root directory.
- Placing the aspnet_client folder inside the folder C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\asp.netclientfiles
- Placing the system_web folder inside the folder C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\asp.netclientfiles
- Creating a new application named aspnet_client with the vdir aspnet_client and the same port as my application

If I enable directory browsing I can browse until I reach the folder: http://localhost/aspnet_client/system_web/2_0_50727/
After that level I can't browse to any subfolders. For any subfolders or files inside that folder the browser gets an HTTP 200 OK status but receives 0 bytes.
If I rename the folder 2_0_50727 I can browse the subfolders and view the files.

It seems the path "aspnet_client/system_web/2_0_50727" is hardcoded and filtered by UWS.

What else can I try to make crystal reports work?

Thanks
Ultidev Team
#2 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 7:18:59 PM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Hi there!

Could you please check the limitations section re: /aspnet_client folder and confirm that you register the application without a virtual directory?

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
rgmc
#3 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 8:07:05 PM(UTC)

Yes, the application was registered without a virtual directory. It is accesible with http://localhost/default.aspx
Ultidev Team
#4 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 10:12:10 PM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Hi!

Could you please run Fiddler and then browse to the page with missing icons so that Fiddler trace contained requests for both good bapge and missing Crystal Reports resources? Then from Fiddler please do File | Save | All Sessions and attach the .SAZ file to your next post - we'll take a look to see why icons do not get served.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
rgmc
#5 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 10:37:10 PM(UTC)

I solved the issue by copying the CrystalReportWebFormViewer4 folder instead of the aspnet_client folder to the asp.netclientfiles folder.

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\asp.netclientfiles\CrystalReportWebFormViewer4

Thanks for your replies.
rgmc
#6 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 11:05:23 PM(UTC)

After copying CrystalReportWebFormViewer4 to asp.netclientfiles the export and print options stopped working.

To solve this I had to also copy the whole aspnet_client folder to my application root folder.

It seems some files are read from the aspnet_client folder located inside the application root folder and other files are read from the CrystalReportWebFormViewer4 folder located in asp.netclientfiles.

So to make it work I had to create the following folders:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\asp.netclientfiles\CrystalReportWebFormViewer4
C:\PathToMyApplicationRootFolder\aspnet_client\system_web\2_0_50727\CrystalReportWebFormViewer4
Ultidev Team
#7 Posted : Saturday, March 2, 2013 1:19:17 PM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Hi there!

Thank you for sharing the solution. It will be helpful for many in the community.

To do our part, here's a bit of our logic relevant to the topic. It is a snippet from our logic where AddDomain hosting the app шы getting initialized. As you can see, we rely on HttpRuntime.AspClientScriptPhysicalPath to determine where "aspnet_client" folder is supposed to be located, but we also expect it is not always there:
Code:

this.lowerCasedClientScriptPathWithTrailingSlash = (HttpRuntime.AspClientScriptVirtualPath + "/").ToLowerInvariant();

this.physicalClientScriptPath = HttpRuntime.AspClientScriptPhysicalPath + "\\";
if (!Directory.Exists(this.physicalClientScriptPath))
{   // 64bit .NET Framework often does not have "ASP.NETClientFiles" folder in "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\(ClrVersion)".
    // We'll serve those files from "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\(ClrVersion)"
    this.physicalClientScriptPath = this.physicalClientScriptPath.Replace(@"64\", @"\"); // Replace "Framework64\" with "Framework\"
    if (!Directory.Exists(this.physicalClientScriptPath))
    {
        this.physicalClientScriptPath = HttpRuntime.AspClientScriptPhysicalPath + "\\";
        Trace.TraceWarning("Folder \"{0}\" not found. Some applications (mostly relying on Crystal Reports) may not work properly.", this.physicalClientScriptPath);
    }
}

Later lowerCasedClientScriptPathWithTrailingSlash and physicalClientScriptPath are used when mapping url path to the physical path. You could use MapPath() method in your app to see where "aspnet_client"-based paths are pointing to.

Also, if you are running UWS Interactive server, you may see the warning produced by the Trace.TraceWarning() shown above in the code snippet, which will tell you if client resource path was configured incorrectly in the .NET Framework.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
#8 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2018 10:24:12 PM(UTC)
Groups:

Message was deleted by a Moderator.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed