Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Installshield 2012 spring premier
sanjumodgil
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2013 9:53:25 AM(UTC)
Groups: Member

I need help to do the same thing using Installshield 2012 spring premier, but the option provided in the post using Installshield LE is not available in spring premier. Please help!!

Thanks in advance.
Ultidev Team
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 12:02:39 PM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Hi!

Unfortunately we do not yet have documentation specifically for InstallShield 2012 spring premier. However, we do provide plenty of resources that cover all important concepts even if we don't cover every installation authoring tool step-by-step that should enable developers who are familiar with IS to build installation. Also, please try installing IS LE and follow our directions: it will make it fairly easy to apply your experience to the InstallShield full version.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
sanjumodgil
#3 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2013 9:53:02 AM(UTC)

Thanks for your reply.. But I have already seen all the resources and have not found any direct way to implement in full version. Costom Action in full version doesn't provide any direct way to implement the same. Either we use API, VB Script or Batch file for register the web app.

Yes, IS LE provides the direct and simpler way to implement, but the same option is not there in full version.
Ultidev Team
#4 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2013 12:19:50 PM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Hi,

We found this statement from Flexera applicable to IS 2012 Spring Premier: "InstallShield supports calling an EXE from within the Installation, Advertisement, or Administration sequence. Using the Custom Action Wizard, you can include a custom action to launch your executable." We are quite certain that IS has a way to run and external EXE with arguments as a custom action.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
sanjumodgil
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2013 8:35:48 PM(UTC)

Thanks for your reply, I have already seen this. But when I use this this executes the ultidev exe and the setup crashes. I don't wanted to execute the exe, as ultidev is already installed. I just wanted to run the command line utility to register the web application.
sanjumodgil
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 3, 2013 7:17:57 AM(UTC)

I can able to resolve the issue. thanks for all your replies.
Ultidev Team
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 3, 2013 9:58:50 AM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Great! We are happy you were able to solve the problem.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
#8 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2018 9:39:53 PM(UTC)
Groups:

Message was deleted by a Moderator.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed