Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Can I use custom Profile in Ulti Dev except NetworkService or LocalService
ravisharmabhattarai
#1 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2015 1:55:18 PM(UTC)
Groups: Member

I could not see any place where i can set user profile credentials to the website. It shows only NetworkService and LocalService Options.
My software works along with the other softwares which reads data form "%USER%/Appdata/Roaming/softwareFolder", and all the interactions are needed form the same folder
common files. I can set that in application pool of the website in IIS Server. But in the Ulti Dev, I could not find such a settings

thanks in advance
Ultidev Team
#2 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2015 2:39:33 PM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Hi,

Actually, the second option is LocalSystem, not LocalService. LocalSystem is a very powerful account and has access to most folders and other resources on the system. User-specific folders are protected for a reason, tought, and you should use caution when exposing web applications having access to personal user folders. Hacking such web application would lead to much worse consequences than when NetworkService app is hacked.

As a workaround, you may grant NetworkService or LocalSystem access to the folder in question. Alternatively, please refer to this post suggesting using ServicedComponent to elevate only part of the web application functionality, instead of the entire web application.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed