Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

INCORPORATING ULTIDEV IN MY ASP.NET WEB APPLICATION SETUP CREATION
Umoh Peter
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2016 3:32:34 AM(UTC)
Groups: Member

Good day everyone.

Please I'm new using UltiDev Cassini Web Server.
I'm current trying to create a setup for my newly
completed Web Application (visual studio 2010) and trying to incorporate UltiDev
during publishing have not been successful.

I'm 100% sure I'm missing out something somewhere.

My aim is to use UltiDev as a localhost.
Please someone should help me out on the
step by step method of achieving this.

I'll be very grateful....
Thanks
Ultidev Team
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2016 12:07:37 PM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Hi!

If you definitely need the old Cassini to be your web server, then Creating Visual Studio 2005 and 2008 Setup Projects for ASP.NET 2.0, 3.0 & 3.5 Applications and UltiDev Cassini Web Server is the best guide we have on how to bundle Cassini with your Visual Studio Setup Project.

If you'd rather use much more modern and capable UltiDev Web Server (UWS), then distribution developer's guide is here:
http://ultidev.com/Forum...sing-Visual-Studio.aspx

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
Umoh Peter
#3 Posted : Friday, March 11, 2016 7:08:13 AM(UTC)

Ultidev Team;13529 wrote:
Hi!

If you definitely need the old Cassini to be your web server, then Creating Visual Studio 2005 and 2008 Setup Projects for ASP.NET 2.0, 3.0 & 3.5 Applications and UltiDev Cassini Web Server is the best guide we have on how to bundle Cassini with your Visual Studio Setup Project.

If you'd rather use much more modern and capable UltiDev Web Server (UWS), then distribution developer's guide is here:

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.

thanks for your response.
I've tried to creating my setup using the step by step process(via the link you gave me), but I'm seeing a different screen on a particular stage instead of the one in the step by step procedure you gave me.

please is there anyway I can attached a screen shot of my page, to further explain what I'm trying to say, as all effort to attach it failed.
Umoh Peter attached the following image(s):
Umoh Peter attached the following image(s): mine ultil dev sample page.jpg
Umoh Peter attached the following image(s): ultil dev sample page.jpg
Umoh Peter
#4 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2016 6:46:53 AM(UTC)

Umoh Peter;13530 wrote:
Ultidev Team;13529 wrote:
Hi!

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.

thanks for your response.
I've tried to creating my setup using the step by step process(via the link you gave me), but I'm seeing a different screen on a particular stage instead of the one in the step by step procedure you gave me.

please attached here is the screen shot of the sample page and what I got instead of the sample page.

Umoh Peter attached the following image(s):
Umoh Peter attached the following image(s): ultil dev sample page.jpg
Umoh Peter attached the following image(s): mine ultil dev sample page.jpg
Ultidev Team
#5 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2016 8:36:34 AM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Hi there!

It appears that you are using a project of "Web Site" type, while our example uses "Web Application" project type. Web Application project type is better suitable for redistributable web applications, as their logic gets compiled into a binary assembly at build time instead of either deployment or execution time. We didn't test our solution with the Web Site project type, although it still may work. We recommend using Web Application project instead, though.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
Umoh Peter
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2016 2:54:28 AM(UTC)

thanks very much for your support, I'm indeed grateful.

Please pardon my ignorance. I just wanted to find out, if the "web application" option you used in your example is specified during
the creating of my solution, or during creating the setup file.

Secondly, from the screen shot I sent to you, is there any way I can continue from there (my own screen) and still achieve what I want to achieve?
Ultidev Team
#7 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2016 10:41:53 PM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Hi!

Sorry for delayed reply. "Web Application" is specified when you start our with the web project, not setup project.

All the best wishes,
UltiDev Team.
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2018 11:09:35 AM(UTC)
Groups:

Message was deleted by a Moderator.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed