Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Can't find default.aspx
pkatsoulas
#1 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2011 3:18:38 PM(UTC)
Groups: Member

I created a setup project in VS 2010 following the UltiDev Pro instructions. The only thing I changed was I used "KnowledgePLAN" (my application name) instead of "WebApp" as my folder name under "Application Folder". The "Install" arguments used for starter.exe are as follows:

"[ProgramFilesFolder]\UltiDev\Web Server\UWS.RegApp.exe" /r /AppID="[UpgradeCode]" /aspnet:4 /defaultdoc:.\src\Default.aspx /vdir:KnowledgePLAN /path:"C:\Program Files\Software Productivity Research LLC\KnowledgePLAN" /appname:"SPR KnowledgePLAN®" /appdesc:"SPR KnowledgePLAN® Enterprise"

The physical location as indicated above is:

C:\Program Files\Software Productivity Research LLC\KnowledgePLAN

The aspx files including default.aspx are in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Software Productivity Research LLC\KnowledgePLAN\src

I am able to do the setup with no problems and everything is in the correct physical location. It also appears that my application is correctly registered in UltiDev Pro.

I use the following address in IE:

http://localhost/KnowledgePLAN

My login page comes up correctly as instructed by my configuration file (web.config). The problem is that once I log in, I get an IE error page telling me: Server error in '/KnowledgePLAN' application - The resource cannot be found. It then says:

Requested URL: /KnowledgePLAN/Default.aspx

Obviously, the resquested url should be: /KnowledgePLAN/src/Default.aspx

I have made a number of changes but nothing seems to work. I would appreciate some help.

On a completely different topic. Can I create a .url file as in Cassini to bring up my application?
Ultidev Team
#2 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2011 6:53:50 PM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Hi there!

It is by design and we'll be happy to explain why and also how to work around.

First off, you absolutely can create .url file just like with Cassini. Application redirector at port 7756 is still there.

Now, regarding the issue at hand. Your physical location parameter, "path", should be pointing to the folder with the root web.config file. For example, if your root web.config is in the /src folder, you should change path parameter value to "C:\Program Files\Software Productivity Research LLC\KnowledgePLAN\Src". If your web.config is in the "C:\Program Files\Software Productivity Research LLC\KnowledgePLAN", then the you've done everything correctly, except setting default document.

Default document is not meant to be used as default redirect to another folder document. Default document tells server which document in the folder should be served when URL ends with folder names, and therefore it should be always pointing to a document in the root folder. The fact we have not enforced that and let you register the application with ".\src\Default.aspx" is our fault, and it's now a bug to be fixed.

If you would like your application to start with URL pointing to ~/src/, then your default document in the site root should be redirecting to it. We also will add an ability to use any document in any folder to our redirector web application.

We are sure that if you pointed your browser to the /src/, the the login page would have an address with "?ReturnURL=/src/Default.aspx" query string. Currently it is probably "?ReturnURL=/Default.aspx" when you request application root folder. So the bottom line, you might need to make your default application document redirect to the ~/src/.

P.S. In UWS, unlike IIS, default document is applicable to all folders in the application. However, if you leave default document unspecified, UWS will look for any of the usual default document names, including Default.aspx, index.htm, etc.

Please let us know if this information was helpful.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
pkatsoulas
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2011 9:10:12 AM(UTC)

I changed the Install arguments to the following which is what I think you suggested:

"[ProgramFilesFolder]\UltiDev\Web Server\UWS.RegApp.exe" /r /AppID="[UpgradeCode]" /aspnet:4 /defaultdoc:Default.aspx /vdir:KnowledgePLAN /path:"C:\Program Files\Software Productivity Research LLC\KnowledgePLAN\src" /appname:"SPR KnowledgePLAN®" /appdesc:"SPR KnowledgePLAN® Enterprise"

I am still using http://localhost/KnowledgePLAN as my browser address which is what the UltiDev Explorer seems to be telling me to use.

I immediately (not after login as before)get an error telling me:

The file '/KnowledgePLAN/Src/MasterPage1.master' does not exist.

However, MasterPage1.master does exist in the src folder.

It is failing in file default.aspx on line:

<%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/Src/MasterPage1.master" AutoEventWireup="true" Inherits="SPR.Enterprise.WebPages.Default" Codebehind="Default.aspx.cs" %>
Line 2: <%@ MasterType VirtualPath="~/Src/MasterPage1.master" %>
Line 3: <asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1" Runat="Server">

I am also told that my source file is /KnowledgePLAN/Default.aspx. This is strange because the folder default.aspx is said to be in is not src and file default.aspx does not exist in /KnowledgePLAN anyway.

Note that I use this Master page with all my aspx files.

My web.config file is in the src folder. It has the following:

<authentication mode="Forms"><forms name=".ASPXAUTH" loginUrl="~/Src/Login.aspx" protection="All" timeout="30" path="/" requireSSL="false" slidingExpiration="true" cookieless="AutoDetect" /></authentication>

As you know, this redirects from, in my case, default.aspx to login.aspx which seemed to be working before I made the changes you suggested. Now it appears to not be working.

I am not having any problem in my development environment or when I run under IIS. I would appreciate any help you can give me.
Ultidev Team
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2011 9:36:47 AM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Hi!

Once you have registered the application with path parameter pointing to "src" folder, your applications' links that use "~/src", which includes master page and forms authentication redirection.

From what you have told us, it looks to us that your application should be registered with "C:\Program Files\Software Productivity Research LLC\KnowledgePLAN", and not to "src". (BTW, on 64-bit systems the path may need to start with "C:\Program Files (x86)". But this is irrelevant for this problem, it's just FYI.)

We think your original registration was correct and and the problem was with where browser was redirected after used logged in: you expected to be redirected to ~/src/Default.aspx, while in reality it did redirect to ~/. To verify this theory please use your original registration settings but keep default document set to Default.aspx. See whether it does what you need.

You may also register your application manually using UWS management console and see if it does what you expect it to do.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
Please donate at http://www.ultidev.com/products/Donate.aspx to help us improve our products.
pkatsoulas
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2011 10:13:35 AM(UTC)

We are getting there. I changed my Install arguments as suggested:

"[ProgramFilesFolder]\UltiDev\Web Server\UWS.RegApp.exe" /r /AppID="[UpgradeCode]" /aspnet:4 /defaultdoc:Default.aspx /vdir:KnowledgePLAN /path:"C:\Program Files\Software Productivity Research LLC\KnowledgePLAN" /appname:"SPR KnowledgePLAN®" /appdesc:"SPR KnowledgePLAN® Enterprise"

When I used the address http://KnowledgePLAN it did not work but when I used http://KnowledgePLAN/src, it did work fine. This, by the way, is the address I must use with IIS so we have a consistency. All is well so far.

However, I tried using the .url approach which resulted in the error: The resource could not be found. The error reported: Requested URL: /KnowledgePLAN/

It seems to me that the requested url should be /KnowledgePLAN/src. Here is my url file:

[InternetShortcut]
URL=http://localhost:7756/GoToApplication.aspx?AppID=5802D60B-68D6-409B-9757-3AEFCAC57D9D

Note that I can log on so we are back to the problem I was having when we started this conversation.

My guess is that something must change in the url.

Ultidev Team
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2011 3:17:33 PM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Alright!

Now, the solution might be easy if you don't currently have Default.aspx in the root. Just create Default.aspx file in the root (folder above src) and add <% Response.Redirect("~/src/"); %>. That should do it.

Please let us know if you already have Default.aspx in the root - we'll think of something else.

Best regards,
UltiDev Team.
pkatsoulas
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2011 5:17:01 PM(UTC)

I followed your suggestion and the shortcut now works. Maybe not the cleanest approach since it is special for this one case but harmless so I can definitely live with it.

This case can be closed. Thank you very much for your help. I am looking forward to the production release of UltiDev Pro.
Ultidev Team
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2011 10:33:17 PM(UTC)
Ultidev Team

Thank you very much for your patience and helping us identify issue with our default document setting!

We will also add an ability to start an application with GoToApplicaton.aspx using not only default document, but any document within the application.

Thank you again,
UltiDev Team.
#9 Posted : Monday, January 8, 2018 9:13:52 PM(UTC)
Groups:

Message was deleted by a Moderator.
#10 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2018 10:55:30 PM(UTC)
Groups:

#11 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2018 10:56:44 PM(UTC)
Groups:

#12 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2018 1:28:13 AM(UTC)
Groups:

Rss Feed  Atom Feed